What precautions should be taken to prevent diabetes?

My father is diabetic and my mother has Thyroid. I have 2 elder brothers. Eldest brother does not have any health problems. But my 2nd elder brother has got diabetis few years ago. I am 35 years old now. What precautions should I take so that I will not get diabetic
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Prevention of diabetes Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic I reviewed your history throughly. Although you cannot alter or change your family history of the disease. Certainly you can take steps to control the onset of disease. Basically it depends on your body weight. If you are overweight then 10% loss of your baseline body weight will decrease the chances of disease Make healthy food choices avoid junk and fast foods. Avoid using carbonated beverages. Eat smaller portions of meals at a time. Burn your calories atleast once a day for doing walk or exercise for 30 min a day minimum Maintain healthy life style. Review with oral glucose tolerance test once a six months to know early onset diabetes mellitus Hope information is helpful Feel free to ask questions Thanks