What medication you recommend to quit smoking?

Jun 2013
what medication you reccomend to quit smoking myth?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 26 days later
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. However, I am not sure when you talk about "quit smoking myth". Anyhow, I will try to answer the question "What medication you recommend to quit smoking?".

The first step in having someone quit smoking is to have them start thinking about quitting smoking, which might involve psychoeducation about the risks and benefits of smoking and weighing the benefits versus the risks. I also believe that you may be able to explain to the person that there is more benefit from quitting in a convincing manner. I believe that after being able to do so successfully, having the person set a quit date would be appropriate. Working your way down on the number of cigarettes per day till zero to XXXXXXX the deadline of the quit date would be recommended.

Among the medications that are recommended for quitting smoking Zyban is FDA recommended. It is a brand name for the chemical buproprion. However, it needs to be prescribed by a qualified licensed physician. It would help with the craving for cigarettes. Replacing nicotine, which is the active ingredient in smoking that is addictive and dependence forming with, chewable nicotine in gum form is also recommended.

I hope this helps. I could clarify any issues that you have in future questions. Take care and have a lovely day!