What is the treatment for slightly elevated RBC, ALT and high TSH?

slightly elevated RBCs (5.35 - limit on this test is 5.10); elevated ALT (68 - limit on this test is 56); high TSH (have hashimotos); slightly low eGFR (56 - limit on this test is >60); vitamin D levels low. I am overweight (200 lbs. - 5'5") and know all this probably has to do with thyroid and weight issues.
Also, complete thyroid panels have been done including total t3, t4, antibodies, TPO and TSI. antibodies are in the 2000 range and TPO was close to 700. t3 and t4 is normal, TSH had been between 5 and 6 for some time now. tsi was around 90 if memory serves me. also, take vitamins/supplements.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need the optimal dose of thyroid medication

Detailed Answer:
Yes you are correct you likely have Hashimoto's. Apparently you are not on thyroid medication like levothyroxine. If your TSH is in this range then it would be worthwhile to consider taking this medication. Consult an endocrinologist to start off with a small dose and adjust over time to optimize the same.

The RBC, ALT and eGFR are most likely unrelated to the current thyroid status. Weight gain can be potentially from the under-active thyroid

Vitamin D supplements do help in restoring blood levels to normal.

For more information you may wish to peruse this weblink:

Follow-up: What is the treatment for slightly elevated RBC, ALT and high TSH? 1 hour later
The possibility of synthetic thyroid medication has been discussed, but with Hashimotos, you swing back and forth between hyper and hypo. That's why I was considering the option of low dose naltrexone. I did take Armour for about a week, but it raised heart rate. I will continue on with my quest for good health. With hashimotos, it is always a delicate dance.
Thanks for your information. I was really just curious on the bloodwork. The other values on the metabolic panel were fine. The RBCs could have been slightly off, because the blood sample could have become hemolyzed. It did take a while to get blood from me that day and she ended up taking it from my hand.
Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 days later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
I am glad you found my answer useful. Take care...