What is the treatment for pain on the right side of head, ear and corner of the eye?

ENT Specialist
Question
I suffer with pain on the right side of head, ear and corner of the eye. The pain is always there. This is really painful to leave with it 24*7. Only when you sleep does not bother much. sometime when I press the pain points burp comes out. Please help me...
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. The first thing to do is to get the ear, eye, nose along with the sinuses, the jaw joint, teeth examined and investigated to rule out any local cause for the pain. This will require a visit to an ENT Specialist, Eye Specialist and a Dentist. Referred pain must be ruled out. 2. The next part is to rule out a migraine, cluster headache and a trigeminal neuralgia. This will require a detailed examination by a neurologist. 3. Migraines are best treated with medications such as ergotamine, flunarizine and triptans. Neuralgias are best treated with medications such as amitriptyline, carbamazepine, gabapentin and pregabalin. These medications are different from ordinary painkillers. Due to their potential side effects, it is recommended that you take these only under strict medical supervision. 4. The exact type of pain, its characteristics, aggravating and relieving factors, presence of eye or ear symptoms such as watering, redness. photophobia, tinnitus and so on are important to help make a diagnosis. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them. Regards.

Follow-up: What is the treatment for pain on the right side of head, ear and corner of the eye? 45 hours later
Sir, I have been to ent n neurologist but seems they aren't very but the fact remain ta pain is persistent, can you please provide your clinic address if in Mumbai so I can visit the same. Also please suggest some neurologist in Mumbai

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. 1. I practice in Pune. If you can travel to Pune, it will be possible for me to examine and treat you. 2. If you still want a reference in Mumbai, Kindly let me know. Regards.