What is the treatment for melanoma?

I am 73 and had melanoma of my leg when I was 34 yrs old..Recently I broke my furmur bone in that same legl I have been taking two percacets a day and would like to know how to get off of them..
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Opioid dependance Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Percocet has oxycodone in it and this drug is an opioid drug. On prolonged use it causes tolerance and dependence. The same has probably occurred to you. If you no longer need to be on percocet you should certainly come off it. You can try to come off it by self by reducing it to one and then stopping it after 2 weeks. If difficulty in stopping then you may have to be started on Suboxone to control the withdrawal symptoms. Its easier to to be taken off from Suboxone than from percocet. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.