What is the treatment for acute pancreatitis?

Hello Doctor, Last week I had a severe stomach pain and admitted in the nearest Hospital. Initially they told its a Gastrict problem and given the treatment for that. Afer that taken the ultrasound scan and finally told its a pancreatitis. Have attached the scan report,blood test report & discharge summary. Please have a look on this. After the treatment first 2 days i was okay, then the pain started. I want to consult with another doctor. Please tell me the specialist for this problem. And give me suggestion to cure this problem. With kind regards,
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have run to the medical reports you sent in, and I've noticed that some of them were not visible (i.e. those related to medicines you take after discharge). Could you please send in such reports again (perhaps by typing)? That could help me assist you further. When the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis is made, the patient should be hospitalized until the tests results will be improved (as you did). The aim of the treatment is to lower amylase by taking the pancreatic enzymes and to continue taking omeprazole. The specialist you should be following is a gastro-enterologist. Looking forward to have your reports in! Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for acute pancreatitis? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply. I will scan the medicine report and send you soon. I'm staying in madiwala. Near by which hospital is better to check gastro-enterologist. currently taking medicines are listed below 1) rablet d tab 2) stalopam 5mg tab 3) diovol forte la syp 100ml While working in the office still I am getting pain eventhough if I take the medicines also.But in night time if I take the medicine then there is no pain. Please look into the medicine and advice me to cure completely from the pain.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sending in the requested data. I have looked at your current medication and I could suggest as following: - the medications you are taking will work to ease your symptoms - I'd advise to start taking indometacine suppositories to ease the pain without affecting your stomach - follow a strict diet regimen - if your work involves sitting for long time, then, I'd suggest to do breaks and have some walking steps You are saying that the final diagnosis was acute pancreatitis (high amylase levels). Could you please indicate if the doctors did prescribe pancreatic enzymes? I did not notice any of them while reading your medical history. At last, please have patience. You are taking the right treatment and should also follow the right dietary and lifestyle changes to cure from the pain. All the best! Dr.Klerida