What is the treatment for UTI leading to blood in urine and back ache?

I have been on 2 different meds right now I'm on day 4 of cipro and I'm still urinating blood and have back pain. As well as all over feeling sick. I'm drinking lots of water and 100% cranberry. Juice. Please help I am on topamax daily 400 Mg and that is it. I drink coffee in the morning the just water the rest of the time normally no pop.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs urine culture Detailed Answer: Hello, Urinary tract infections are caused by variety of micro-organisms and they are sensitive to different groups of antibiotics. Generally most doctors prefer to start treatment with a broad spectrum antibiotics to give early relief to the patient.But when that fails to clear infection one has to go for more specific antibiotics so I would recommend you to under go urine analysis and urine culture -sensitivity test. This identifies bacteria causing the infection and also mentions to which antibiotic it is sensitive. Then accordingly you can get treated with coarse of antibiotics. Meanwhile do continue current medication and drink lots of water. I hope I have been helpful to you. If any doubts please feel free to ask. Regards