What is the treatment for Actinomycosis all over my body?
User rating for this question
I have been told I have Actinomycosis at this time it is pretty much throughout my body including eyes,,skin.Urinary track .Antibiotics taken orally has been started what should be done?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You are on the right track Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Actinomyces, the bacteria causing this disease is sensitive to penicillin antibiotic. High-dose penicillin administered over a prolonged period (6 months to 1 year) is the cornerstone of therapy for actinomycosis. The risk of actinomycetes developing penicillin resistance appears to be minimal. Lack of a clinical response to penicillin usually indicates the presence of resistant companion bacteria, which may require modification of the antibiotic regimen. How long have you been on penicillin? I think within next few days you will feel lot better. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
People also viewed
- Nursing management for nasopharyngeal cancer
- Actinomycosis causes
- Non hodgkins lymphoma start as a pimple
- Non hodgkins lymphoma colour of stools
- Low vitamin d elevated calcium
- Calcium plus d side effects
- First aid treatment for stroke
- Omental metastasis
- Treatment and cure for actinomycosis
- My rectovaginal fistula was closed
- Tablets for irregular heart beat
- What is the treatment for actinomycosis
- Diagnosis of actinomycosis
- What is the treatment for actinomycosis all over my body
- Pregnant on the pill bleeding