What is the treatment for ADHD and anxiety?

I have ADHD,Anxiety, I'm looking for relief. I was prescribed ritalin in 1996 and it was successful. I no-longer drinking and without a doubt feel that ritalin will once again be successful
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief can definitely be taken but must consult your doctor before starting it  Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. ADHD is a very common developmental disorder affecting roughly 1-6% of population. There are various psychiatric disorders which mimic ADHD and hence needs careful evaluation by a psychiatrist.People dealing with high level of stress may exhibit symptoms of ADHD. While there are specific symptoms which help in differential diagnosis,the matter is not straightforward as there are various other comorbidities associated.Thus if patient is suffering from associated anxiety or depression,this is treated first and then a proper evaluation made and treatment started. I advise you to consult a psychiatrist and get yourself evaluated and treated under his proper professional guidance. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks