Suggest treatment for ADHD,RLS and Anxiety?

I have ADHD, RLS and Anxiety. I'm looking for relief
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Need details Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1)How long are you having these symptoms. 2. Are you on any treatment. 3. Any medical issues. Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for ADHD,RLS and Anxiety? 2 days later
I have had these symptoms every day for the past 20yrs.No I'm not in treatment. The only medical issue I have is Asthma. I've taken Ritalin in the past and it worked famously
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 hours later
Brief Answer: It certainly needs to be treated. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow-up information. ADHD, RLS and anxiety are a difficult combination to live with. It is very debilitating to the patient and certainly needs to be treated. As you have mentioned that ritalin was useful for your ADHD, i see no reason why it should not be used regularly. Ritalin has excellent results when used in adults and it should be taken regularly. It will help in dealing with the inattention component properly as well. Regarding the RLS, ropinirole is my drug of choice. Although few clinician say that even clonazepam and pregaba act nicely but ropiniorol in low doses at 2.5 mg acts very nicely in reducing the symptoms of RLS. For Anxiety, it is a disorder of anxiety and occurs cause of imbalance of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. especially serotonin, nor adrenaline, and dopamine to some extent. Medicines are the best options to take care of these symptoms. Paroxetine is the the most popular medicine and my drug of choice. I generally prescribe my patients 12.5 mg per day at night which takes care of anxiety symptoms. Also certain medicines like propranolol and clonazepam can be give as required when there is a panic episode or expected situation where panic attack can appear. Also there is an option of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness. As health care magic is an online forum, legally we are not supposed to prescribe medications without physically examining you. Such regulation are primarily meant for the safety of the patients as well as the Doctor. Further any prescription given in E-mail will not be honored by the pharmacy in your country. Sincere apologies for the same. You can get in touch with your treating doctor who can help you with the medicine prescription. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.