What is the time interval between duromine pills?

I took 30mg duromine last night about 11pm and forgot and took it at about 10.30 am this morning I was wondering is that an overdose ?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Duromine is the marketing name for a drug called phentermine. Though most persons may be prescribed a once a day dosing, some persons take a half tablet on evenings and a whole on mornings.

The half life of the drug is 16 hrs. The half life is the time it takes for the level of medication in the body to decrease to half of the original when it was taken.
Since you took the second dose about 12 hrs after the first, the levels should have already started to significantly decrease.
You may experience some side effects such as increased heart rate or increase in blood pressure but they should resolve on their own, if they occur and you are uncomfortable you can consider visiting your doctor.

You can take your regular dose tomorrow morning. If you had taken a morning dose , then the night dose at 11:30 and then the morning dose, you would be more likely to have the side effects mentioned.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions