What is the resaon for tingling sensation in spine?

I get weird feelings in spine. Hard to explain feeling but not pain. Maybe tingling or creeping feeling. Not much of a problem when moving around but mostly at night when trying to go to sleep and sometimes I think I can feel all of my body movements. I probably worry about it to much. A coulple of months ago at work I was working outside and it was cold and I was cold and shivering for about 2 hours and since then I have had different things going on with my body but most have cleared up except for the spine(which is not everyday) and the "brain zaps" that I get at times mostly at night when laying down. I am 67, female, have heart stents, take zocor, lisinopril,plavix, metoprol,low dose aspirin.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 43 minutes later

Important points in your query:
•     Symptoms precipitated by stress (extreme cold in your case)
•     Gradual reduction of the number and severity of symptoms over a time
•     Symptoms are vague in nature and presence of excessive worry
•     Already on heart stent and on multiple medications (antihypertensives, Hypolipidemic and antiplatelets drugs)

Your symptoms appear to medically unexplained somatic symptoms (MUSS) although no investigation has been performed yet. Common cuses of MUSS are stress, anxiety and depression. In your case onset appear to be with stress.

Old ages frequently associated with change in role, death of friends, multiple physical illnesses, financial and social complication which frequently leads to stress, anxiety and depression.

Second possibility I would like to consider of vitamin deficiency. With this background I would like to give following advice:
•     Daily physical activity like evening and morning walk
•     Talk frequently with your loved ones
•     Meditation and yoga
•     Healthy food, fruits and vitamin supplementation
•     Consult physician if other problems occur like: localised bulging in spine, progressive sensory and motor deficit

Hope this will help you. Wish you Good Health