What is the remedy for headache?

Nov 2013

I had about a 40 pound object fall on my head one week hurt for a 4 or 5 days. Yesterday I got a terrible headache...was unable to sleep last still up and the headache has diminished but is still I have something to worry about?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry now. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. First of all, let me reassure you that your current symptoms do not suggest any serious problem, and there is no need to worry at present. Since 4-5 days have passed after the injury, your current headache (after a gap of few non-headache days) is unlikely to be related to the head injury. Please watch for symptoms such as vomiting, blurred or double vision, drowsiness, fits, or weakness of arm or leg. If any of these warning signs develop, you should go to ER and get a CT scan of the brain done. Otherwise, you can take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac and watch at home. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: