What is the remedy for gynecomastia?

After a mammogram, I was diagnosed with "a touch of gynecomastia" yesterday. Is this reversible?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

The only permanent solution to gynecomastia is surgery.

Sometimes, gynecomastia is caused by certain drugs which may be reversible on stopping the suspected drug. Though some medical treatments are available, they have limited use in the relieving this problem.

Breast reduction surgery is the only other option.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. If you have additional concerns, I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: What is the remedy for gynecomastia? 2 hours later
My breasts have not shown any change in size - I am male, and I would be uncomfortable if they suddenly grew, of course. Does having gynecomastia necessitate that they will become larger with time? Is lisinopril a drug that may have caused this? I take no others. Is it possible it will never go beyond "a touch of gynecomastia" (the Doctor's words in quotes)?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Thanks for the query,

The main concern with gynaecomastia is the enlargement of breast tissue in men.That is distressing of course.If you dont have any enlargement then i dont think that there is any need for intervention.

Lisinopril isnt known to cause this though.

There is a possibility that the condition will not progress.
Until then,nothing needs to be done.
Why did you have the mammogram without any visible enlargement?

Hope i have answered your query,