What is the remedy for acute gastritis and for the increased pain during coughing?

HI, I have pain just under my xyphoid process on the right, right rib pain, right scapula & shoulder pain. A feeling of heaviness or achiness under ribs and burning stomach pain, which comes and goes. It hurts at times to cough, to eat, to bend. Does not last very long, perhaps 20-45 minute episodes. I have had all of these sx for quite some time but they were very sporadic, now constant and more painful. The stomach pain is new within the last two weeks.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Acute gastritis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query All the symptoms you are facing are suggestive of acute gastritis but for the increased pain during coughing which is suggestive of a pleural pathology (lining of the lung). Here are my suggestions 1.Tab Pantoprazole 40 taken once daily before food is helpful to bring down the burning sensation of the stomach 2. Avoid spicy food, smoking, alcohol,caffeine, milk and milk products until you are better 3. Avoid bending exercises 4. Do not go to bed immediately after food, wait for atleast 2 hours after food. 5. The pain on coughing and the fact that you have cough I recommend you to get a chest x ray done to rule out pleural involvement. 6. If the pain does not subside you will have to approach a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy to rule out esophageal and stomach ulcers/erosions due to long standing gastritis I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery regards