What is the reason and remedy for hair loss with IBS after jaundice recovery ?

Hi. I am 25 year old girl. Last September i suffered from jaundice and from that time i have been losing a lot of hair. Its may now but I am still losing a lot of hair. Currently I am suffering from IBS.I have been advised by my doctor Mintop 2 % and a tablet Essvital. My thyroid test and all the other test has come normal other than my LH ans FSH which though in the normal limits but whcih was pointed out by my doctor as ratio reversal. This test was also done 7 yrs agao with the same result. I have never had extremely good hair in the past also.
I would be greatful if you could tell me the exact reasonfor hair loss and how can it be avoided. I do not want to use mintop for a long time and get used to it.
thank you.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for your query

Hair loss can occur due to various reasons and the commonest are stress, hormonal changes, medication effect, nutritional deficiency etc.You seem to have hair loss due to the hormonal changes and after effect of illness.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising of pulses,bananas,cereals that have more of Vitamin B, zinc and calcium etc. It helps a lot in improving hair growth.
2)Boil one cup of mustard oil with 3 to 4 tbsp of XXXXXXX leaves and when cool fill it in oil. Apply this on the scalp regularly.
3)Take any Multivitamin supplement and Iron tablets daily for 3 months.
4)Once a week apply egg yolk on the scalp and leave it for half an hour. Then wash with any mild shampoo. Do not use harsh chemical containing shampoos.
5)After washing the hairs rub your scalp vigorously with fingers.
6)Have adequate sleep and avoid any stress.

If the hair loss is still prevalent then consider getting a repeat hormonal evaluation done to rule out any changes.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.