What is the permanent cure for spreading and blotchy rashes on penis?

Jan 2014

Hi. I am a ten year monogamous male. I have recently developed a rash at the base off my penis, which has been spreading and now is at the head of my penis. There are a combination of small botchy areas, and some very small hard nodule areas. Also, there appears to be a hard nodule that quickly formed on my left thigh, about adjacent to where the tip of my penis might hit the leg. It is all very itchy. Have attempted to treat with lamasil AT, which has had no noticable impact. Have treated with hot water, with some reduction in itchiness. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I would like to gather some more information regarding your current problem so that i am able to help you better. Is itching also present at any other site e.g Abdomen, Scrotum etc? Is the itching more in the evenings/nights? Does anyone else in your family has itching? It will be really helpful if you can upload a clear picture of the affected area.. Take care regards Dr. kakkar
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for spreading and blotchy rashes on penis? 32 minutes later
Yes, it is itchy around my testicles, at the base off the penis. It is definitely worse at night, I woke up to the itchiness. my wife sometimes has bouts of itchiness on her body in general which go untreated and the source unidentified. the lump on my left thigh was pretty itchy when I first noticed it. in the past, I have often felt like something was crawling on my legs at night, or in my hair. I would typically deal with this by applying lotion to my body, and brush vigorously at the perceived cause, with some relief. this has basically gone untreated, with lack of any real evidence for the cause.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Scabies, use 5% permethrin Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the information You seems to have Scabies. Its caused by Sarcoptes Scabei (Itch mite). Clinically it presents as excoriated Papules and Nodules at various body sites like Abdomen, Genitalia(Scrotum), Thighs, Buttocks, Arms, Chest and Back. The lesions are itchy and specially so at the night. It has a tendency to spread to other close contacts in the family. You seems to be having lesions mainly at and around the genital area I would advice that you visit a nearby dermatologist. Scabies can be easily diagnosed on history and physical examination. Treatment is simple and is 100% curative. If i were your treating doctor i would have want you to apply 5% permethrin lotion after a scrub bath all over your body sparing face(just a single application is enough). Keep it overnight and then bath next day. Its advisable to treat all the other family members as well, empirically. An oral anti-histamine like cetrizine once daily in the evening would help relieve the itching Wash or Dry clean all your clothing, bed sheets, towels, handkerchiefs etc Take care regards
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for spreading and blotchy rashes on penis? 27 minutes later
I am not sure if you were able to review all the photos at the time of your analysis. If you could please confirm you were able to see the 6 photos I uploaded, and that this corresponds to your diagnosis, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Scabies it is! Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for such clear pictures. I am convinced even more now that it is scabies!! Apply 5% permethrin lotion after a scrub bath all over your body sparing face with special attention to all the affected areas. Keep it overnight and then bath next day. Just a single application is enough. Take care Regards