What is the permanent cure for constant pressure in my chest while taking meteropolol and zoloft for PSTD?
User rating for this question
HI my name is XXXX Im a 38 year old Army veteran. I have a family history of high blood pressure and recently after separating from the military I experienced my first hypertensive emergency scare. My blood pressure was at 186/110 I was at the point of passing out, weak, disoriented and very stressed and also dealing with combat related anxiety. Im now on meteropolol 50mg once a day as well as Zoloft for the ptsd symptoms. Im currently experiencing chest pressure and what feels like a pinched nerve in my upper left arm. Im blood pressure is normal now after two weeks usually between 108/76 to 130/89, depending on how active I am. I just cant figure out the constant pressure in my chest and the pain in my arm that comes and goes. Any input please?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your query very carefully. It's a good thing that your blood pressure is stabilized with metoprolol and zoloft. You should keep going with this medications. I would like to recommend you to run more exams for a proper evaluation of hypertension and chest discomfort, such as: - Blood work - Abdominal ultrasound and Chest x Ray - ECG - Heart ECHO - Holter and pressure monitoring - Stress test If all the exams results within normal (accepted) parameters than the pain and hypertension is more related to post combat anxiety disorder. In this case consult your psychologist for further treatment. All the best! Dr.Benard
People also viewed
- Bradycardia sign of protein deficiency
- What is the permanent cure for increase in blood pressure
- How long does the brain function after the heart stops beating
- How long does your body stay alive after your heart stops
- How long does it take a diuretic to lower blood pressure
- Bradycardia self treatment emergency
- Bppv and swollen lymph node
- Vegan diet for bradycardia
- Slow carb diet bradycardia
- How long does a person survive after stage 3 congestiv heart failure
- Will zoloft cure my anxiety
- Epilim zoloft cure depression
- Can zoloft cure ocd ?
- Constant deep pressure in chest congested reason cure
- How long does it take for cozaar to start working