Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the normal size of penis?

hi doctor.. I am 26..5'8'' ..I feel I have a small penis..can u tell me what is the average size for indian men.. im about to get married soon..
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: What is the normal size of penis? 8 minutes later
Please also let me know if penis traction devices work. There was a publication in british journal of urology that implies that penile extenders work. Please opine on this.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
A non-erect penis usually measures between 8.5cm and 10.5cm (3-4 inches) from tip to base.
The average figure is about 9.5cm (3.75 inches), but this kind of precise measurement is rather valueless. Many factors can cause a temporary shrinkage of two inches or more, for instance cold weather or going swimming, so you needn't worry if you happen to fall short of the average figure.

Of course, it's true that some men have big penises and some have smaller ones, just as some men have small feet and some have big feet, but the measurement is not - repeat not - an index of virility.

Virtually every man forgets that it doesn't matter how long or how short your penis is, because the vagina will accommodate itself to any length.

At present, there is no proof of any non-surgical technique that permanently increases either the thickness or length of a normal penis.

It has been suggested that the application of penile-extender devices increases penile length and circumference. However, there are a few scientific studies in this field.
Be satisfied with what you have and enjoy your life.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: What is the normal size of penis? 3 minutes later
Please give average length and girth figures for erect penis.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later
Average length of erect penis is 5 to 6 inches.
Average girth of erect penis is approximately 11 to 12 cms.