Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the normal penis length for a healthy person?

Mar 2013

I am planning for marriage. i have good erection and good sexual feel. i have doubt on penis size. could you please let me know what is minimum penis size(length and width) required for sex and live happy life. please clear my doubt so i can marry with out any fear.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Thank you for your health query.
The most accurate measurement of the human penis comes from several measurements at different times since there is natural minor variability in size due to arousal level, time of day, room temperature, frequency of sexual activity, and reliability of measurement.
However, the mean of an erect human penis is approximately 12.9–15.0 cm (5.1–5.9 in) in length. Flaccid penis length is a poor estimate of erect length.
An adult penis with an erect length of less than 7 cm or just under 3 inches, but otherwise formed normally, is referred to in medicine as a micropenis.
average penis circumference when erect was 3.5 to 3.9 inches
Males may quite easily underestimate the size of their own penis relative to that of others, and many men who believe that their penis is of inadequate size have average-sized penises.

The famous sex researchers Masters and XXXXXXX have concluded that size of the male penis can have no true physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction. They base this conclusion on studies that show that the vagina adapts to fit the size of the penis. Because of this vaginal adaptation, they refer to the vagina as a potential space rather than an actual space. Thus, despite the worries of many males about the size of their penis, Masters and XXXXXXX concluded that any size penis will fit and provide adequate sexual stimulation to the female.

Thus, unless your penile size is grossly abnormal, you should have no worry about sexual gratification.
Many factors other than size of penis contribute to a satisfactory sexual life. Mutual caring, concern, respect, communication , adequate foreplay are key factors.

If this doubt still persists in your mind, consult a Urologist/ XXXXXXX who will reassure you on the penile size.

Take care, and wish you a happy married life !
Follow-up: What is the normal penis length for a healthy person? 6 hours later
thanks for your reply. mine lenght is 4.2 inches and width is 3.7 inch. is it ok or i should visit Urologist.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
As I mentioned the averages, the length is slightly on the lower side, and the width is absolutely normal.
Considering you have no erectile or ejaculatory problems, I can see no reason for you to worry.