What is the meaning of heart racing for no good reason and high BP?

May 2013
what happens when my heart rate was 117 and i am sitting..not running......and my blood pressure was 130 /56 I am 61 and 5'1" and 135 lbs.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
thanks for the query.

according to your findings you are having,
high systolic or as you are hypertensive with 61 years age it can be taken as normal systolic,
low diastolic pressure,
wide pulse pressure= 130-56=74

the possible causes for these findings are,

-Hyperthyroidism: it presents with tachycardia, isolated systolic hypertension leading to wide pulse pressure.

-Anemia: presents with tachycardia, low blood pressure.

-As a side effect of antihypertensives.

-In chronic aortic regurgitation also wide pulse pressure will be present.

Depending on the severity of the cause these findings can be seen even on simply sitting also.

Now you better visit your doctor early and get examined to find out the possible cause, so that future complications can be prevented.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.