What is the long term solution for a small round cut on the tip of my tongue?

Dermatologist
Question
I recently developed a small round cut on the tip of my tongue. Rinsing with warm salt water soothes to sting for short periods. What could be the cause and what can I do for a long term solution ?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: triamcinolone gel Detailed Answer: Hello You seem to have developed an oral ulcer. There are very effective oral ulcer gels available. one of these is triamcinolone oral gel. I suggest my patients to apply this gel twice a day for 3 days. In addition I also would start you on vitamin B complex tablet for week. Your pharmacist will know about these medicines. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the long term solution for a small round cut on the tip of my tongue? 29 minutes later
What can cause oral ulcer ?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: constipation Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Most commonly constipation or gastric irritability is the cause of oral ulcers. Second common cause is vitamin B complex deficiency. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the long term solution for a small round cut on the tip of my tongue? 57 minutes later
Thank you so much. My last question is I recently started juicing and I'm wondering if the significant amount of Citrix juice that I am drinking could have caused the ulcer on my tongue

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: citrus juice not a problem Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. No citrus juice won't cause ulcer. In fact citrus juice help in reducing ulcer by collagen synthesis. Don't worry you can continue taking citrus. Thank you