What is the equavilant dose of Duragesic to 3-30 mg of Morphine?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
how does 25 mcg duragesic compare to does of 3-30mg of time release morphine
they are switching me from morphine to the duragesic and i want to know how over a 24 hr period 25 mcg duragesic. what is the equavilant does of morphine or what is the equaivalant to 3-30 mg morphine, what would be the equal amount of the duragesic
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Duragesic contains fentanyl which is a strong opioid pain killer with similar side-effects to morphine. Therefore, changing to Duragesic needs to be supervised by your doctor closely to avoid any serious side-effects such as breathing problems.
Your daily morphine dose is relatively low therefore the dose of Duragesic you mention would be a reasonable starting point for changing over as this is a low dose of Duragesic.
I hope this has been of help. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger