What is the dosage of coenzyme Q10 that can be taken along with Crestor?

Question
If I take 2.5 mg of Crestor how many mg of CoQ10 should I take with it.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: One or two pills of CoQ 10 at the most Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. This question should only arise if a drug reaction exists between the two mentioned drugs. As far as medical documentation and research goes, these two drugs do not interact or result in any kind out side effects. The only documented change that takes place is a mild reduction in efficacy of the drugs; which is why recommended doses of both drugs while being used together is advised to be kept at a minimum. So I would say 2.5-5 mg of rosuvastatin (Crestor) can be taken with one or two coenzyme Q10 pills/tablets, at the most. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: What is the dosage of coenzyme Q10 that can be taken along with Crestor? 3 hours later
Do I take a 20mg, or a 50 mg or a 100 mg coq10 tablet?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Initiate with 50 mg and watch response Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and my sincere apologies for the late response, as I had an issue with my internet connectivity. Well, it would be best to start off with the 50 mg CoQ 10 tablet, as this would give you the desired effect of a 20-25 mg CoQ 10 tablet. Only if you feel the tablet has not been showing much improvement, shift over to the 100 mg CoQ 10 tablet. But it would also be best to keep your doctor informed regarding the same. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.