What is the dosage of azithromycin syrup for 4 years old child?

What is the dosage of azithromycin syrup (200-5ml) I should give for 41/2 year old child?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

Medical drugs in pediatric patients are prescribed as per the weight of the individual. Accordingly azithromycin is prescribed as:
1. For 15 to 25Kg - 200mgm once daily;
2. 26 to 35Kg - 300mgm once daily; and so on.

The duration of treatment depend on clinical condition; though it is usually given for 3 days.

Therefore it is ideal to discuss the dose, frequency and duration with the treating pediatrician before starting azithromycin.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.