What is the cause of high heart rate when on hydralazine?

My doctor had me taking hydralazine for anxiety for the last 4 to 5 mts and recently it has started my heart rate to go up and my heart pound when I move. My chest doesnt hurt or anything just that. Should I stop taking it???
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If no chest pain,can safely continue taking it... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX Having high heart rates is a side effect of using hydralazine. I suggest to continue taking it as long as you do not have any chest pain or vertigo. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard