What is the cause and treatment of plantar fasciitis?
User rating for this question
Dear Doctor, my father is facing some problem with his leg, quit often in the morning in the leg at the metatarsus area and it feels heavy while walking and after some hours it vanishes and same gets repeated in the next morning.... Requesting your good opinion on the matter.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: My few opinions are- Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. From the symptoms, it seems that your father is suffering from plantar fasciitis. It happens due to inflammation of the plantar fascia. It hurts the most with the first few steps in the morning because the plantar fascia is tight and has not stretched out yet, and throughout the day it loosens up. The best thing he can do is when he wakes up in the morning, before getting out of bed and taking a step, give himself a little foot rub. There are many things he can try to help foot get better: Give feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make feet hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces. Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Do toe stretches, calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when he first get up in the morning. To help the pain, ice the area immediately after getting up in the morning. To reduce inflammation, take an aspirin or ibuprofen at mealtime. A 4-inch wide Crepe bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
People also viewed
- Coccyx pain without injury
- Is itching in the genital or other skin areas a side effect of hydrocortisone with aloe?
- Is redness of the white part of the eyes or inside of the eyelids a side effect of lucentis?
- Chronic knee effusion treatment
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome surgery recovery time
- What causes plantar fasciitis pain
- What is the cause and treatment of plantar fasciitis
- Treatment for plantar fasciitis
- Plantar fasciitis tear treatment
- Is thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor a side effect of estradiol patch?
- Chest bones stick out
- Is chest pain, possibly moving to the left arm, neck, or shoulder a side effect of dryvax?
- Is fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse a side effect of isotretinoin?
- Clenching hands at night
- Prp treatment for plantar fasciitis