What is the cause and treatment for lump on the neck of child?
User rating for this question
My daughter has a lump on the left side of her neck, we visited the local hospital about 5 months ago for which I was told it was a ganglion, but now the lump seems to be visual when my daughter tilts her head. The lump is hard and doesn't move and is 13yrs old. Thank you
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Daignosis need confirmation be investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Your daughter need proper clinical examination and investigations. Mostly swelling in neck is due to benign causes and you shouldn't worry. Ganglion cyst are generally not hard.She need routine hemogram,Ultrasonography,FNAC for confirmation.CT Scan can be done if needed. Treatment includes drainage of cyst and injection of steroid in lesion or surgical removal of cyst.Treatment option can be discussed with your doctor. Other possibilities are enlarged lymph node,lipoma,sebaceous cyst etc. Investigations will confirm the diagnosis and treatment depends upon clinical findings and reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Buergers disease treatment marijuana
- What causes buergers disease
- Bsac sensitivity testing
- Stomach bug symptoms in toddlers
- What is the treatment for lumps on my neck
- Neck lump tendon treatment
- Is leg pain a side effect of atenolol?
- Is dry mouth a side effect of arixtra?
- Yoga for treatment of neck lump
- Muscle building exercises for women
- Child with hard lump in palm cause treatment
- What is the treatment for neck pain
- Is confusion a side effect of florinef?
- Is dry mouth a side effect of tofranil?
- Is dizziness a side effect of campral?