What is the best treatment for premature ejaculation?

Mar 2016

sperm ejects very soon during sex. As soon as I starts sex, the sperm ejects with in 25-30 seconds. Want to increase my ejaculation time
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later

You are suffering from Premature Ejaculation (PE). It is the most common sexual dysfunction among men and everyone suffer from this at least one time in his entire life. It can cause sexual dissatisfaction in married life,specially to your partner.

In Premature Ejaculation, the male ejaculates within 1 min or prior to intimate/sexual intercourse with partner.

The problem is basically psychological more than physiological. There are several other causes that need to be ruled out ( which include Smoking/alcohol, Some drugs, High BP, Prostate Hypertrophy/ Prostatitis, Varicocele/ hydrocele, Diabetes, Thyroid problem, Neurological causes ) for which I would suggest you see your physician. A complete clinical examination & some investigations are needed by urologist or sexologist to confirm diagnosis. Please do consult with any one of them to take suggestive measures.

Do the following things for life style modification & controlling PE:
1) Quit smoking and alcohol.You may need psychotherapy /counseling.
2) Doing masturbation before initiation of love making may improve ejaculation time temporarily and you need to do it each time.
3) Take healthy diet with Multivitamin & Zinc supplements.
4) Do physical exercise regularly and maintain personal hygiene.
5) Avoid stress by regular XXXXXXX breathing or yoga.
6) In Premature Ejaculation:
a) Master & XXXXXXX / Stop & Start Technique are very good and much helpful. Squeeze technique: In this, the female partner needs to start arousing the man. When the man feels that he is almost at the point of ejaculation, she should stop arousing him. She then needs to squeeze the head for between 10 to 20 seconds. She then lets go and waits for another 30 seconds before resuming masturbation. This process is carried out several times before ejaculation is allowed to occur.
Stop-go technique- It is similar to the squeeze technique except that the woman does not squeeze the penis.
Kegel exercise or strengthening of PC muscle by contraction and relaxation as on holding & releasing urine. Practice it several times (20-30 times daily): Here, you need to repeatedly contract and relax the muscles you use when you need to hold back urine. This needs to be done sitting on your chair when you are actually not trying to hold back urine.

b) Use anaesthetic gel to desensitize penis or condom for temporary delay. You can get a prescription for this from your physician.
c) Certain drug like Dapoxetine, a class of SSRI,short acting and well approved. This is required only if the exercises dont work. Please try the exercises for 1-2 months before this.
d) Give more time on foreplay to heighten partner's excitation and do actual intercourse (vaginal penetration) at the time of partner climax. Here both of you can get satisfaction/ pleasure.
6) Need proper sleep (at least 6-8 hrs daily) and avoid hot working place and tight underwear.
7) Proper psychological counseling and further follow up if you need.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.