What does rheumatic arthritis with lymph node involvement indicate?
User rating for this question
Someone who is diagnosed at Stage IV RA with nodules present and lymph node involvement; what is the prognosis?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No worries, see Rheumatologist Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Lymph node involvement is really not a serious poor prognostic factor in rheumatic arthritis. Enlarged lymph nodes are simply an indication of an inflammatory process going on. Proper management with use of anti inflammatory drugs like non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs and steroids can be very effective. Lymph node involvement is NOT a poor prognostic factor and should not be a call for panic. A proper management of the condition would lead to a good prognosis. I suggest you book an appointment with a rheumatologist. Kind regards. DR Bain
Follow-up: What does rheumatic arthritis with lymph node involvement indicate? 6 hours later
Also claw toes with plantar swelling, dry cough, bilateral nodules elbow, frequent chest pains, swollen ankles, popliteal nodules, palpable nodules in deltoid muscles, walnut-sized. Everything points to stage IV with NO prior medical treatment!
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment, Rheumatologic review Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The clinical pattern you present with at this point in time deserves proper treatment now. Rheumatoid arthritis actually has diagnostic criteria and you actually got many of the elements in your case. Nodules are for sure one of these criteria. They are quite frequent but really do not determine clinical severity of disease. Could be problematic so much if and only if they cause compression of certain structures like nerves. Treatment of rheumatoid disease with anti inflammatory drugs, steroids, hydroxychloroquine or some cytotoxic drugs would be most helpful. A key aspect in the treatment process is compliance to treatment and a good patient - doctor relationship, since patients respond differently on different drug options. Thanks and kind regards. Dr Bain
People also viewed
- Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis wiki
- What does lymph node with follicular hyperplasia indicate
- Rheumatoid arthritis and sore scalp
- Rheumatoid arthritis treatment tirchy
- What does rheumatic arthritis with lymph node involvement indicate
- Palindromic rheumatoid arthritis lymph nodes
- What does the lymph nodes on my chest indicate
- What are reactive lymph nodes
- What are the side effects of namenda xr?
- Is cold sweats a side effect of maxzide?
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of naproxen?
- What are the side effects of monistat-1?
- Saaz tablets for arthritis
- Arthritis in the testicles
- Is dizziness a side effect of myrbetriq?