What does reduction in aVF reduced R non specific ST-T abnormalities in V3 V4 mean?

what does R loss or reduction in aVF reduced R non specific ST-T abnormalities in V3 V4 mean?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Indicates an anterior wall MI

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I shall explain each aspect of your EKG (ECG) report in order to be able to reach an accurate diagnosis, based on the information provided.

- An 'R' wave loss or reduction in aVF or a reduced 'R' wave is not a conclusive finding. But, when it is detected, the diagnosis to be stated or printed is 'consider myocardial infarction (MI)/heart attack' or 'co-relate further with myocardial infarction'. But, such a finding is also at times noted in the EKG (ECG) as an accidental finding due to improper placement of the leads. This especially takes place in women with large breast. So a repeat EKG (ECG) is usually advised when this reading is observed. But if other findings of an MI are seen, immediate management is required.

-Non-specific ST-T abnormalities indicate a possible MI. If seen in V3 and V4, the location of the suspected MI is in the anterior wall; and this kind of MI would be called an 'anterior wall MI'.

I am sorry to inform you about the same. But I would like to ask if you had any chest pain or any other symptoms that paved the way for an EKG? Also, I would recommend the measurement of all your cardiac enzymes to confirm whether or not this was indeed an MI. Please XXXXXXX your doctor at the earliest, as ruling this out/diagnosing it would be best; as is always said, better to be safe than sorry.

Wishing you nothing but good health and luck. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

God bless.