What does my thyroid report say?

Question
I would like to know your recommendations based on study of attached reports. I would also like you to recommend an appropriate consultant for a second opinion, in Bangalore.
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 25 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Sorry for late reply. I was travelling. Majority of thyroid lesions are benign. Only less than 3% are malignant. There is no way we can covincingly differentiate benign from malignant clinically. So we have to resort to investogations. Since the nodule is increasing in size it needs to be evaluated completely. Pls repeat Ultrasound from a good lab. Tc 99m thyroid scan and FNAC of thyroid also need to be done in this case. Pls get FNAC from a good lab.
You can see me at Mallya hospital b/w 4 30 to 6 30pm daily. call 0000 for appointment
Nothing to worry as of now. But tests will hav to be done. If anything is suspicious surgery may have to be done depending on results. For high TSH she can take thyronorm 25 mcg early morning empty stomach
Thanks
Shivaprasad