What does "monocrytes level in % as 8.2 which is high by .2%" mean?

Jun 2015

I recently had blood work and the report show monocrytes level in % as 8.2 which is high by .2%. Can you suggest what this might mean in the future? How do I get this % lower?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not significant in absence of clinical synptoms Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Monocytes are a type of white blood cells (WBC) which form an important part of the Immune System of the body. Increase in Monocyte count is seen in case of Viral fever, Immune mediated disease, Stress response, Chronic inflammation, etc. In your post, you have not mentioned about any complaints of illness/ infection/ inflammation. Under such circumstances, presence of 8.2% Monocyte has no clinical significance either in present or future scenario. The mild increase in the counts can be attributed to any Stress response, which will normalize on its own without any active therapeutic intervention. Hope I have been able to answer your query. Please let me know if I can clarify further. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.