What does high liver enzymes AST 117 (10-40) ALT 194 (10-45), indicate?

My Friend works at MRI part of hospital And got my mri of abdomen read a lityle sooner cauae i was worried and was told nothing seen no stones etc. But the spleen was mildly enlarged and mildly enlraged liver ? What is going on with me all of the sudden in one month my liver enymes were elevated. Is this serious? Can i still get pregnant? I have no other history , no alcholol , just bloating. My liver enymes were high AST 117 (10-40) ALT 194 (10-45) , my ESR rate was 17 (0-15) all hepatitis negative , please see attached labs . I was lookng online and said it was liver cancer because it was mildly enlarged. Please let me know whAt the next step is ...
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Autoimmune Hepatitis Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. You have not attached your liver function tests. However , you have ANA positive , that goes in favor of AUTOIMMUNE HEPATITIS. That is not a cancer , this is an autoimmune disease!! I suppose , you should have no problems related to getting pregnant if this problem is limited to your liver. I recommend you following investigations: 1. Complete Liver and Kidney Function Test 2. Ultrasound Abdomen to see for liver size and echotexture. 3. PT/INR - Coagulation profile 4. Autoimmune hepatitis panel. If required you may also need an endoscopy to see for esophageal varices. Follow me with these investigations. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: What does high liver enzymes AST 117 (10-40) ALT 194 (10-45), indicate? 3 minutes later
I did send liver profile i will send again they are elvated and heptatits all negative. Ultrsound was normal
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: I need Globulin levels Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I received the report of LFT this time , but the test is incomplete. There is evidence of hepatitis there. I need to know your Total Protein , Albumin , Globulin levels. If serum globulin levels are raised , things go in favour of autoimmune hepatitis. I advise you to get the recommended tests done and to follow me with the reports. Wish you a healthy life.
Follow-up: What does high liver enzymes AST 117 (10-40) ALT 194 (10-45), indicate? 2 minutes later
Those labs are normal please see attached ... Could it still be hepatitis even though all are negative ?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Hepatitis is there. You require further evaluation Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. See you have raised liver enzymes which means hepatitis is there. Cause we still don't know. Since viral markers are negative and ANA is positive (from your reports attached I can interpret it's positive) , it might be Autoimmune hepatitis. I would like to do a liver biopsy, endoscopy and a Fibroscan in such situations. Discuss with your doctor regarding my opinion. Once the diagnosis is clear you will be treated accordingly. If you don't have any further query , please close the discussion and rate it.