What does bleeding after sex and foul smell indicate?

i had hysterectomy (COMPLETE) over 10 years ago bleed one time after intercourse and have an odor now what does this mean? HAVE NOTICED ODOR FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AND JUST BLEED ONCE AFTER INTERCOUSRE. DID NOT NOTICE ODOR THE TIME I BLEED.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 31 minutes later

Presence of bleeding per vagina (post intercourse) and foul smell could be due to either bacterial vaginosis or atypical changes in the vagina or cervix.

You might benefit by consulting a OB-GYN - for a pelvic examination and conducting tests including a hanging drop preparation, a gram stain and vaginal culture for gonococci and chlamydia to know the cause of your symptoms.

In addition testing with pap smear - to detect atypical changes in the cervix or vagina might also be indicated.

I hope this helps.

I shall be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.