What does " bimalleolar soft tissue thickening" mean?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I broke my left foot several years ago. Have not had an injury now but my left foot has pain and swelling and walking is difficult. My xray shows bimalleolar soft tissue thickening. Does this really mean something that I should have more testing than xray. Thanks Dot Smith
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You might required MRI. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Soft tissue swelling is not better seen in x-rays. If the swelling and pain persists, you might required MRI to see soft tissue swelling better. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care