What does a small bump in vagina indicate during menopause?

Hi I have had a small soft round feeling like ball in my vagina for a while and am wondering what it could be? I am in menopause and have been for 8 years. Also when does that end? The hot flashes are lessening now. Thank You
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be Bartholin cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The causes for a small round lump in the vagina could be one of the following:- 1. Bartholin's Cyst - Is located midway of the labia, and protrudes into the vagina and causes discomfort during sexual intercourse. Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage (mucus or other impediment) to the Bartholin's ducts (tubes which lead from the glands to the vulva). If infection sets in, the result is a Bartholin's abscess. If the infection is severe or repeated a surgical procedure known as marsupialization may be required to stop further recurrences. 2. Infected hair follicles - can form small absesses, which can cause a small swelling, but they are associated with redness and throbbing pain. Proper diagnosis requires a proper physical examination of the swelling in question. You might consult a gynecologist who can examine and then decide on the appropriate treatment. The hot flashes usually take 4-5 years to gradually decrease. Since these are lessening you will feel better in few more months. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What does a small bump in vagina indicate during menopause? 18 hours later
Thank you for your answer. What problems or symptoms would a dropped bladder cause.I have no bleeding. Sometimes a slight ache above pubic bone. urination is fine but frequent sometimes. I have had a small soft ball feeling thing inside vagina for a while,it feels attached towards the front of vagina. causes no pain.Sometimes sticks out a little and sometimes not. Right now I do not have a gyno but am looking for one. Thank you very much YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to fallen bladder. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The symptoms that you are having could be due to fallen bladder. The intermittent swelling with a soft ball like feeling that increases on having a full bladder with frequency of urination are the common symptoms. You may have a feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis and vagina — especially when standing for long periods of time. A physical examination is however necessary for a proper diagnosis. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: What does a small bump in vagina indicate during menopause? 4 hours later
Hi thank you for you answer. Would you suggest a gynecologist or a urologist for my problem? Thank You, YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gynecologist. Detailed Answer: Hello. Consulting a gynecologist will be more preferable as he/ she will rule out other causes of vaginal swellings also. Regards.