What does a large cystic lesion in the adnexa,indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was told today by trauma center dr after car accident today that I have a 9.8 cm large adnexal cyclist lesion also in 2004 I fell on the job and have a t-12 compression fx which I had surgery for 6days after back surgery I got XXXXXXX Barr syndrome. I was very sick paralized head to toe for 5months I was in a cma well after the test today the dr also informed me that I have 3 lesions on other vertebra so my question to you is how bad can this get???
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely to be ovarian cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. A 9.8cm large cystic lesion in the adnexa is likely to be an ovarian cyst. Ovarian cysts are found in nearly all premenopausal women and in up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women. The majority of these cysts are functional in nature and benign. Since your cyst is larger than 5cm in size, it needs a follow up MRI scan to see any increase in size and get serum CA 125 evaluated to rule out any chances of malignancy. The lesions on the vertebrae depend on the type and size. These lesions also need a regular follow up MRI scan to assess their growth and consequences. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Tayal