What do recurring bumps in vagina indicate when suffering from herpes?

Mar 2013
I was diagnosed with herpes in 2004. Over the past years I have had little to no outbreaks. This past summer, I had unprotected sex with an individual 2x's. A week after sexual intercourse, I was diagnosed with a bacterial vaginal indirection. My doctor prescribed a vaginal gel which worked. Since then, I have experienced which I thought were herpes outbreaks weekly, but I'm not sure that they are. I even had my doctor switch me from Valtrex to Famvir. I have been taking the Famvir everyday twice a day. I am still waking up everyday with these bumps in my vagina. I think I may have genial warts. Could this be possible? This has been going on consecutively for almost 4 months!
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: POSSIBLE, PLEASE UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPH Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Could you please upload the pictures of the lesions that you have been newly experiencing ? Yes, coinfection with HPV ( the virus causing genital warts ) is possible, even if you are already harbouring herpes. Diagnosis of HPV is possible by direct examination of the ( ? ) warts and by a swab / Pap smear. Please upload the photograph of the active lesions, I would be able to opine better. Take care Please feel free to revert.