What do recurring bumps in vagina indicate when suffering from herpes?
User rating for this question
I was diagnosed with herpes in 2004. Over the past years I have had little to no outbreaks. This past summer, I had unprotected sex with an individual 2x's. A week after sexual intercourse, I was diagnosed with a bacterial vaginal indirection. My doctor prescribed a vaginal gel which worked. Since then, I have experienced which I thought were herpes outbreaks weekly, but I'm not sure that they are. I even had my doctor switch me from Valtrex to Famvir. I have been taking the Famvir everyday twice a day. I am still waking up everyday with these bumps in my vagina. I think I may have genial warts. Could this be possible? This has been going on consecutively for almost 4 months!
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: POSSIBLE, PLEASE UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPH Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Could you please upload the pictures of the lesions that you have been newly experiencing ? Yes, coinfection with HPV ( the virus causing genital warts ) is possible, even if you are already harbouring herpes. Diagnosis of HPV is possible by direct examination of the ( ? ) warts and by a swab / Pap smear. Please upload the photograph of the active lesions, I would be able to opine better. Take care Please feel free to revert.
People also viewed
- Bacterial infection cbc results
- Anyone try pistachios erectile dysfunction
- Bumps on vagina swollen painful done test is it herpes
- Bacterial infection from feces
- Bumps in vagina suffer from hemorrhoids do i have herpes
- Baby belly button infection
- Gray bumps on vagina lips herpes
- Avian tuberculosis in humans
- Apple cider vinegar for bacterial infection
- Does vagina itch when you have herpes
- Erectile dysfunction and splenectomy
- Erectile dysfunction and spondylolisthesis
- Nuvaring male erectilt dysfunction
- Feeling bumps inside vagina is it herpes
- Meibomian gland dysfunction and malasma