What do dark bruises on stomach indicate?

Jan 2014

i woke up with 3 large dark bruises on my stomach, one about three inches in diameter the other two a little smaller YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you regarding your concern in order to be able to help you better. -Do you any symptoms associated? like pain -Do you have any history of Gum bleeding? Black/tarry stools? Nose bleeds?etc -Are you on some oral medications like blood thinners or anticoagulants? It would be a great help if you can send me a clear picture(s) of the lesions so as to be able to help you better. regards
Follow-up: What do dark bruises on stomach indicate? 34 hours later
I was taking 81mg of baby asprin and i believe i was taking two instead of one . They are lighting up but they are still dark how long should i wait before i see a doctor about this
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Oral Vit C Detailed Answer: Hi. I guess the excess dose of aspirin is the reason for bruise in your case. Aspirin interferes with your blood's clotting action. One of the most common skin-related side effects of extended aspirin use is bruising. This effect should not affect you much and might not necessarily be a reason for you to stop your aspirin treatment at normal doses. I would advice you an Oral Vitamin C supplement once daily for faster resolution of bruises. You should continue with ONCE DAILY aspirin. take care regards