What diseases can be transmitted through oral sex?

I am aware that there are always risks associated with unprotected sex but would like a straightforward answer regarding the risks of receiving oral sex as a woman. My understanding is that the risk, though present, is minimal. Exactly what diseases can be transmitted to a woman receiving oral sex.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer.... Hello, Thank for the query. Although oral sex is considered as a relatively low risk activity as compared to vaginal or anal sex but it is possible to transmit various sexually transmitted diseases. Diseases which can be transmitted by oral sex are.. HIV,HEPRES,HPV,GONORRHOEA,CHLAMYDIA,SYPHILIS,and research is inconclusive regarding HEPATITIS B ,whether hepatitis B can be transmitted by oral sex or not. However HEPATITIS B can be prevented by proper vaccination. I hope it helps you ,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks