Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be the reason for frequent urination?

Jul 2016

Since morning i have been passing urine quiet a few times. Everytime i come from the loo i again feel pressured and want to urinate also having a bad headache with it. Dont know whats wrong.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to UTI

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increased frequency of urination and urge to pass urine.This is mostly due to UTI more particularly due to Cystitis

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .

Thanks and Regards.