What could be the reason for different concentrations of cerumen in my ears?

Hello, cerumen in my right and left ear are different from each other. One is rather smelly and a little bit more most than the other "normal" one. Thats the case for about three years. I dont have any serious problems, but i want to know if its normal. Could it be that some candida has populated one of my ears or something? Should I see a doctor?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, get evaluated by an ENT specialist Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query I am so sorry to hear about this this smelly and increased discharge fro your ears. This is suggestive of a chronic otitis media. Chronic otitis media is characterized by the absence of ear pain in the presence of a purulent ear discharge. A smelly discharge is suggestive of pus. I will suggest that you get the ears examined with an otoscope. This will look directly into the ears to pinpoint what the exact cause of this increased and smelly discharge is. Depending on the findings, a treatment plan would be established. An ENT specialist would be the best person to consult but, if it is proving difficult, primary and family doctors can start the process and get you referred if need be. Treatment often consists in antibiotics. Candida is not a common cause of ear infections. This would be unlikely to be caused by Candida. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.