What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing?

ENT Specialist
I observed daily drinking water changed two weeks back.From the last 3 days my throat hurts when i swallow,i dont have any cold or cough
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There may be a throat infection! Detailed Answer: Hello I think you may have caught a throat infection , because of the contaminated water! There is nothing to worry, start gargling with warm salt water 4-5 times a day and avoid oily and spicy food, also try boiling your water before drinking. You can also try Disprin (aspirin) gargles 2-3 times a day, this will reduce the swelling and pain If you are not well in another 24 hours, please consult your ENT doctor for advice! Regards