What could be the cause for dry eyes?

it feels like my eyes are getting very dry alwaus. please suggest something.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can use artificial tears. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The most important reason for dry eyes is working in front of a computer for long hours without blinking your eyes as often as needed. The solution for this is to consciously keep blinking your eyes 3 to 4 times a minutes at the very least. Please make sure you look away from the screen at least once every 15 seconds, just for a brief moment, that will help in spreading the water in the eyes all over the eye. Other reasons could be Sjogren's syndrome or decreased production of tears, these need further evaluation and treatment will depend on the cause. For the time being you can use artificial tears which you can buy over the counter from a medical shop, put these tears every 2 hours once. If you don't see any improvement soon, then please consult an eye doctor. Hope this answers your question, please feel free to write to me if you need any clarification. Wishing you speedy recovery. Warm regards.
Follow-up: What could be the cause for dry eyes? 41 minutes later
thanks XXXXXXX you got my problem well. will follow your instructions. thanks a lot. have a good time ahead.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for using our service. It was my pleasure to help you. Take care, and have a nice day. Bye.