Blurred vision, burning in the eyes. Using eye drops for dry eyes. Symptoms persisting

I have started to have problems with my eyes for a few weeks now. My vision is blurred, my eyes feel like they are burning as if they have looked at the sunlight for to long even at night time and that there is grit in them. The optition reception suggested dry eye and to get drops from the chemist. I have done this and use the drops 3/4 per day for about 5/6 days now. The eyes do not feel like they have grit in them anymore but they still have all the other systoms.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013