What could be the cause for cheese like discharge?

I just had a pap smear, because I have cottage cheese kinda discharge ,but all my test were negative, what can be wrong? I have a small legion on the inner side of my vagina, does it take a while to heal, I believe my husband accidentally cut it with his nail or something I was given a prescription for yeast infection just in case ,but it didn't work
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the question... Detailed Answer: Do you have any itching? Have you been on any new medications? Thank you.
Follow-up: What could be the cause for cheese like discharge? 39 minutes later
no I have no medications, and it was kinda itchy when I was menstrating
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: The most likely explanation for a cottage cheese like discharge and itching is a vaginal yeast infection. This can be treated with an over-the-counter yeast cream and / or an oral medication called Diflucan. Also, when a yeast infection is present, the skin of the vagina and just on the outside is inflamed and may be prone to breakdown or fissuring. Yes perhaps your husband did this OR it is related to the infection. You need: 1. Treat with a 7 day monistat 2. Call your doctor again for diflucan 150mg to be taken orally every 3 days until your symptoms are gone I hope that this helps - let me know!