What could be causing pain in groin?

Question
i AM FEELING A VERY DEEP PAIN IN THE AREA OF MY THIGH STARTING ABOUT 5 INCHES FROM THE BEGINNING OF MY VAGINA. i'M SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT THT AREA IS CALLED. THERE IS NO VISIBLE SWELLING BUT THE PAIN IS VERY INTENSE. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Muscle pain Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The area you mention is called groin and pain in that area is most often due to musculoskeletal cause. I suggest you to apply DICLOFENAC gel over the affected part. if the pain does not come down then there would be a need for you to get a Xray of the part done. Also consult an Orthopedician with the Xray report. Regards,