What causes traces of blood after passing stool?

General Surgeon
Hi, I'm getting 2 drops of fresh blood when I go for motion. When I try to clean I felt a wound in my asshole. What could be the causes that made me to get wounds in asshole. How can I overcome from there ?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may be a fissure or haemorrhoid Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. It can either be an anal fissure, if you are passing hard stools in the past days. And the thing you felt might be a skin tag, formed by previous healed fissure. Another, more likely, possibility is that, it may be a hemorrhoid (piles), and the thing you are feeling is the prolapsed part of it. For both you need to visit a surgeon, as they can be distinguished by physical examination only, and by proctoscopy. Both are treatable, but treatment of both is different, so proper diagnosis is a must before that. Hope i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What causes traces of blood after passing stool? 22 hours later
Thanks for the Reply. I'm not seeing blood daily. When I ate more spicy or when I travel for more than 8 hrs. Could you please list me any other symptoms to make sure that I'm having fissure or haemorrhoid. Thanks for the help.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Hi, Fissure is due to passing hard stools...with a burning sensation. The blood is usually on the outer surface of stools. Hemorrhoids are usually painless with normal stools. The blood can be seen after the stools. Its classically described as splash of blood in the pan after stools. If you are having it occasionally then its an early stage of it and can be managed by medicines...but again a diagnosis is needed for it, as the treatment differs. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma