What causes swollen ear lobe after a spider bite?

thought it was a spider bite its been three weeks roughly at first they put me on bactrum 20 mg. on Friday hit the er they lanced it like I asked and upped dose to 4 40 mg a day . its been 5 days and my ear is the size of a golf ball . running slight fever this morning just got up and my ear feels like its about to explode
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may need incision and drainage Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. There may be some bacterial infection following spider bite apart from its venomous bite. I think your swollen ear lobe may have pus inside it and may be requiring incision and drainage. Or else it may be some sebaceous cyst and has nothing to do with spider bite and has become infected. If this is the case then you will be needing excision of the cyst... You may also need some higher antibiotic if it is not responding to the said one... As your doctor regarding all these.... Best wishes